Built specifically to cruise the Yangtze and Mekong Rivers, our classic river cruise vessels meet the latest international standards of comfort and elegance. With outside verandas, hotel-style beds in every spacious stateroom and suite, public areas bathed in light, design elements that reflect the cultures of the region, and an all English-speaking staff, these river ships are the most distinctive sailing the region.
Cruise the Yangtze River on Viking Emerald, a state-of-the-art river cruise vessel. Accommodating 256 guests with full verandas, hotel-style beds in every spacious suite and stateroom, public areas bathed in light and an English-speaking crew, Viking Emerald is one of the most sophisticated river ships sailing the region.
- Explorer Suites are 603 square feet, have separate sleeping & sitting quarters, 2 flatpanel TVs, bathtub/shower, refrigerator, panoramic windows & wraparound veranda
- All staterooms & Suites have hotel-style beds with optional twin-bed configuration
- All staterooms have a veranda with sliding glass doors
- Private bathroom with shower & premium bath products; bathrobe & slippers upon request
- Flat-panel TV with CNN & more
- Telephone, safe hair dryer & air conditioning
- Bottled water replenished daily
- Sun deck with shaded sitting area
- Restaurant with panoramic views
- 2 elevators
- The Lounge & bar
- Onboard boutique & tailor; library
- Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- State-of-the-art Western kitchen offers a choice of expertly prepared Asian and European cuisines
- Hotel & catering services overseen by Viking's Swiss management
- Doctor & hairdresser on board
- Laundry service
- Voltage: 220V & 110V (U.S. outlet) in stateroom
Shanghai Acrobatic Troupe revue, a Hubei bronze bells performance, Tibetan family tea, porcelain-making demonstrations, and visiting with children at a local school. These in-depth experiences are included as an essential part of discovering more about the places through which you cruise, and each activity is planned specifically to illuminate each itinerary.
Sometimes you want to dig a little deeper. We offer a series of onboard multimedia talks to shed light on the history and culture of the places you visit. Topics may include the Three Gorges Dam, China's dynasties, a history of Chinese culture, the Great Wall of China, the Terra Cotta Warriors, and key words and phrases in the Chinese language. These presentations provide a context for your own observations, enhancing your travel experience.
For breakfast, choose from our selections of pastries, cereals, breakfast meats, egg dishes, fresh fruit and selected cheeses. At lunch, select from the soup and sandwich bar, or a choice of entrees and dessert. And for dinner, you are treated to a five-course gourmet menu with regional specialties. You can also select from our regional wines to perfectly complement your meal. And wherever you sail, you will find enhancements reflecting your itinerary-it is all part of experiencing the local culture.
- Built: 2011
- Length: 361 ft.
- Guests: 264
- Decks: 5
- Staterooms: 132 (2 Presidential suites, 14 suites, 4 Jr. suites, 132 deluxe)
Please note: Stateroom images and features are samples only. Actual furniture, fixtures, colors, configurations and window/porthole views may vary.
River Cruise Destinations Journey into the heart of Europe, Russia, Asia, Egypt and beyond on a culturally immersive scenic cruise. Whether you yearn to see the castle-lined Rhine, romantic Danube, historic Seine or vineyard-laced Douro, your river cruise with Viking begins here.
Highlights of a Viking River Cruise Traveling by river, beyond the reach of roadways, you will discover the true nature of fascinating lands and the people who call them home. You will travel with ease, unpacking just once and enjoying the ever-changing scenery along the banks as you are gently carried on board an elegant, intimate ship to your next destination.