More than 20 years ago, Viking began sailing the storied waterways of Russia. Today, our fully refurbished, elegant Russia fleet sets new standards of excellence in this region. Complete with hotel-style amenities, they feature spacious staterooms and suites, an inviting restaurant and refined public spaces.
With understated elegance and trademark Viking interiors, this is the very best ship on Russias waterways today. Fully refurbished for the 2012 sailing season, Viking Rurik offers private verandas on every stateroom on the upper and middle decks!
- All staterooms are outside with river view
- Suites are 400 square feet, have 2 flat-panel TVs & panoramic windows
- Most Deluxe staterooms & Suites have hotel-style beds with optional twin-bed configuration
- All Suites & Cat AX-BX staterooms have a veranda
- All CX-DX staterooms have a large picture window that opens
- Private, modern bathrooms with separate shower & premium bath products; bathrobe & slippers upon request
- Sony 26" flat-panel TV with CNBC, CNN, BBC & more
- Telephone, safe, refrigerator, hair dryer & air conditioning
- Bottled water replenished daily
- Sun deck with shaded sitting area
- A walk-around, open air promenade deck
- Restaurant with panoramic views
- The Lounge & two bars with panoramic windows
- Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- Doctor on board
- Laundry service
- Voltage: 220V & 110V (U.S. outlet) in stateroo
To complement your onshore excursions, take part in Viking's Cultural Highlights-immersive learning and enhancement activities both on board and ashore:
- Traditional Russian or Ukrainian tea
- Russian cuisine workshop
- Russian or Ukrainian ballet or opera performance
- Cossack horsemanship show
These in-depth experiences are included as an essential part of discovering more about the places through which you cruise, and each activity is planned specifically to illuminate each itinerary.
Sometimes you want to dig a little deeper. We offer a series of onboard multimedia talks to shed light on the history and culture of the places you visit. Learn about:
- The Romanov czars
- History of Russia or Ukraine
- Putin and Democracy
- Vikings in Europe
- Key words and phrases in the local language
These presentations provide a context for your own observations, enhancing your travel experience.
Fine dining aboard Viking Rurik
Our chefs create a variety of tasty offerings for you, with freshly prepared seasonal local vegetables, European specialties adapted to satisfy the tastes of our passengers, and homemade soups prepared daily. For breakfast, choose from our selections of pastries, cereals, breakfast meats, fresh fruit and selected cheeses. Or you may prefer a hot dish, such as an omelet prepared to order. At lunch, select from the soup and sandwich bar, or a choice of entrees and dessert. And for dinner, you are treated to a five-course gourmet menu with regional specialties. You can also select from our regional wines to perfectly complement your meal. And wherever you sail, you will find enhancements reflecting your itinerary-it is all part of experiencing the local culture.
- Refurbished : 2012
- Decks: 5
- Length: 423 ft.
- Guests: 196
- Staterooms: 98
- Crew: 105
Please note: Stateroom images and features are samples only. Actual furniture, fixtures, colors, configurations and window/porthole views may vary.
River Cruise Destinations Journey into the heart of Europe, Russia, Asia, Egypt and beyond on a culturally immersive scenic cruise. Whether you yearn to see the castle-lined Rhine, romantic Danube, historic Seine or vineyard-laced Douro, your river cruise with Viking begins here.
Highlights of a Viking River Cruise Traveling by river, beyond the reach of roadways, you will discover the true nature of fascinating lands and the people who call them home. You will travel with ease, unpacking just once and enjoying the ever-changing scenery along the banks as you are gently carried on board an elegant, intimate ship to your next destination.