More than 20 years ago, Viking began sailing the storied waterways of Russia. Today, our fully refurbished, elegant Russia fleet sets new standards of excellence in this region. Complete with hotel-style amenities, they feature spacious staterooms and suites, an inviting restaurant and refined public spaces.
Truvor, whose name means "our faithful," took charge of Izborsk, an area near what is now Russias border with Estonia, controlling these lands for Kievan Rus.
We have high standards for the English-speaking crews on board our ships. We personally recruit all of our staff members, from your stateroom steward and waiters, to hotel managers and Program Directors. Proprietary training programs are implemented by our Swiss management team to ensure we always provide the level of service you would find in a fine hotel. The Viking team brings you a level of expertise other companies cannot match.
Regional cuisine workshops. A Bulgarian folklore presentation. A classic opera or ballet performance. These in-depth experiences are included as an essential part of discovering more about the places through which you cruise, and each activity is planned specifically to illuminate each itinerary.
Sometimes you want to dig a little deeper. We offer a series of onboard multimedia talks to shed light on the history and culture of the places you visit. Topics may include Romanian and Bulgarian history, the Orthodox Church, the Vikings in Europe, and key words and phrases in local languages. These presentations provide a context for your own observations, enhancing your travel experience.
For breakfast, choose from our selections of pastries, cereals, breakfast meats, egg dishes, fresh fruit and selected cheeses. At lunch, select from the soup and sandwich bar, or a choice of entrees and dessert. And for dinner, you are treated to a five-course menu with regional specialties. You may also select from our regional wines to perfectly complement your meal. And wherever you sail, you will find enhancements reflecting your itinerary it is all part of experiencing the local culture.
- All staterooms are outside with river view
- Suites are 400 square feet, have 2 flat-panel TVs & panoramic windows
- Most Deluxe staterooms & Suites have hotel-style beds with optional twin-bed configuration
- All Suites & Cat AX-BX staterooms have a veranda
- All CX-DX staterooms have a large picture window that opens
- Private, modern bathrooms with separate shower & premium bath products; bathrobe & slippers upon request
- Sony 26" flat-panel TV with CNBC, CNN, BBC & more
- Telephone, safe, refrigerator, hair dryer & air conditioning
- Bottled water replenished daily
- Sun deck with shaded sitting area
- A walk-around, open air promenade deck
- Restaurant with panoramic views
- The Lounge & two bars with panoramic windows
- Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- Doctor on board
- Laundry service
- Voltage: 220V & 110V (U.S. outlet) in stateroo
- Year built: 1987
- Refurbished: 2013
- Length: 423 ft
- Decks: 3
- Crew: 115
- Passengers: 204
- Decks: 5
- Staterooms: 102 (2 Suites, 2 Jr. Suites, 67 Veranda, 31 Deluxe)
Please note: Stateroom images and features are samples only. Actual furniture, fixtures, colors, configurations and window/porthole views may vary.
River Cruise Destinations Journey into the heart of Europe, Russia, Asia, Egypt and beyond on a culturally immersive scenic cruise. Whether you yearn to see the castle-lined Rhine, romantic Danube, historic Seine or vineyard-laced Douro, your river cruise with Viking begins here.
Highlights of a Viking River Cruise Traveling by river, beyond the reach of roadways, you will discover the true nature of fascinating lands and the people who call them home. You will travel with ease, unpacking just once and enjoying the ever-changing scenery along the banks as you are gently carried on board an elegant, intimate ship to your next destination.