Our award-winning Viking Longships showcase innovative engineering, streamlined Scandinavian design and understated elegance. Thoughtfully engineered to get you closer to your destination, they provide unprecedented levels of comfort, including spacious staterooms with full-size verandas, the largest suites on Europe's rivers and the most al fresco dining.
Egil - Warrior Poet
Egil is one of the most memorable Vikings to appear in the Old Norse sagas. Combining courage and brawn with high intelligence, Egil embodied ethicality and composed intricately beautiful poetry. Today, Egil personifies the Viking spirit to travel to the unknown world.
- 95 comfortable outside staterooms (25 Standard Staterooms, 22 French Balcony Staterooms, 39 Veranda Staterooms, 7 Veranda Suites, 2 Explorer Suites)
- All suites feature two full-size rooms with a veranda off the living room & a French balcony in the bedroom
- Sun Deck with 360-degree views & shaded sitting area; organic herb garden & solar panels; putting green & walking track
- Aquavit Terrace & Lounge, a revolutionary indoor/outdoor viewing area at the bow of the ship for al fresco dining
- Viking Lounge & Bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views
- Library & onboard shop
- Elevator from Middle to Upper Deck only; no elevator access for categories E & F
- Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- Laundry service
- Ecologically friendly hybrid engines producing less vibrations for a smoother ride
- 40" flat-screen Sony TV with infotainment system featuring Movies On Demand, plus CNBC, CNN, National Geographic & more
- Length: 443 ft.
- Guest: 190
- Crew: 50
- Decks: 4
- Staterooms: 95
Please note: Stateroom images and features are samples only. Actual furniture, fixtures, colors, configurations and window/porthole views may vary.
River Cruise Destinations Journey into the heart of Europe, Russia, Asia, Egypt and beyond on a culturally immersive scenic cruise. Whether you yearn to see the castle-lined Rhine, romantic Danube, historic Seine or vineyard-laced Douro, your river cruise with Viking begins here.
Highlights of a Viking River Cruise Traveling by river, beyond the reach of roadways, you will discover the true nature of fascinating lands and the people who call them home. You will travel with ease, unpacking just once and enjoying the ever-changing scenery along the banks as you are gently carried on board an elegant, intimate ship to your next destination.