Douro River Cruise Ships
These intimate ships were custom built to sail Portugal's Douro River, with state-of-the-art engineering, deluxe accommodations and streamlined Scandinavian interiors. Like our Viking Longships, you can choose from a variety of stateroom classes, all with sweeping river views.
Osfrid - Emissary of the King of Norway
Osfrid co-led the first recorded mission from Norway to England at the command of Harald I, King of Norway. Harald corresponded with Athelstan, King of Wessex, and the Norwegian king dispatched Osfrid and Helgrim to sail to England.
- All staterooms are outside with river view
- Veranda Suites are 302 square feet, have separate sleeping & sitting quarters, a full veranda & French balcony & 2 flat-panel TVs
- All Upper & Middle deck staterooms have a full veranda or French balcony
- All staterooms & suites have hotel-style beds with optional twin-bed configuration
- Private bathroom with shower; premium bath products; bathrobe & slippers upon request
- 40" flat-panel TV with infotainment system featuring movies on demand plus FOX, National Geographic & more
- Telephone, safe, hair dryer & individual climate control
- Bottled water replenished daily
- The Lounge & bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors that lead to an open air Aquavit Terrace
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views and an al fresco restaurant
- Sun deck with shaded sitting area and al fresco dining area, swimming pool, organic herb garden, solar panels & putting green
- Library corner & onboard boutique
- Free wireless Internet
- Laundry service
- Voltage: 220V & 110V (U.S. outlet) in stateroom
Please note: Stateroom images and features are samples only. Actual furniture, fixtures, colors, configurations and window/porthole views may vary.
River Cruise Destinations Journey into the heart of Europe, Russia, Asia, Egypt and beyond on a culturally immersive scenic cruise. Whether you yearn to see the castle-lined Rhine, romantic Danube, historic Seine or vineyard-laced Douro, your river cruise with Viking begins here.
Highlights of a Viking River Cruise Traveling by river, beyond the reach of roadways, you will discover the true nature of fascinating lands and the people who call them home. You will travel with ease, unpacking just once and enjoying the ever-changing scenery along the banks as you are gently carried on board an elegant, intimate ship to your next destination.